Skip to main content Skip to footer site map

Page: 3

Las Vegas Shows- Page 3

hicaesar
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
Handful Of Vegas Shows Reopening#51
Posted: 10/22/20 at 3:48pm

Piff the Magic Dragon will be opening as well. I saw his matinee show on my last trip to Vegas and was very funny. A smaller show of course but he has a hilarious showgirl that has worked with him for a few years and they have a very fun on-stage personality. 

David Copperfield's show will be interesting to see when it reopens, his show usually has SO much audience involvement he may be putting in some different routines. It may be a unique opportunity to see some of his older material that he usually doesn't perform anymore.

ArtMan
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Handful Of Vegas Shows Reopening#52
Posted: 10/22/20 at 6:19pm

I also read that they were relocating some of the smaller shows into bigger showrooms within their hotels, so that it would help with social distancing.

AEA AGMA SM
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Handful Of Vegas Shows Reopening#53
Posted: 10/22/20 at 7:28pm
Thanks for the info on the shows that are reopening. I'm hoping to be able to get there again for my birthday at the end of February, and while I love just sitting by the pool all day, it would be nice to have some show options for the evening as well.
Did you know that every day Mexican gays cross our borders and unplug our brain-dead ladies?
ArtMan
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Handful Of Vegas Shows Reopening#54
Posted: 10/22/20 at 7:47pm

Maybe if this is successful, more shows maybe  open by February.  I really want to visit in 2021.  Since shows are a big part of my visit, I won't return until there are more options.  During my visit, I usually do two nature excursions which are all day trips.   One of my destinations is currently closed due to Covid.  So I have to consider that also.

LizzieCurry Profile PhotoLizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Handful Of Vegas Shows Reopening#55
Posted: 10/22/20 at 11:28pm
I'm glad to see the Neon Museum has reopened! I went two years ago after having gone shortly after they had initially opened. It's a really great experience and oddly poignant. I highly recommend it.
"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt
ArtMan
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Handful Of Vegas Shows Reopening#56
Posted: 10/23/20 at 8:08am

LizzieCurry said: "I'm glad to see the Neon Museum has reopened! I went two years ago after having gone shortly after they had initially opened. It's a really great experience and oddly poignant. I highly recommend it."

I went a couple of years ago.  Enjoyed it and would have gone back.....but they won't let you take pictures anymore with a camera.  They changed their policy in 2019.  Only pictures with a cellphone.   I'm not sure how many people are aware of it until they have already paid for their tour.

LizzieCurry
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Handful Of Vegas Shows Reopening#57
Posted: 10/23/20 at 10:25am
That's interesting — and unfortunate! I was there in October of 2018 with a cell phone and a regular camera. I went with my family and my dad and uncle are both big hobby photographers and brought fairly large cameras with them. They'd be bummed out by this rule.

It's in the FAQ, but it's not like they make a big point of it: https://www.neonmuseum.org/about/f-a-q
ArtMan
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Handful Of Vegas Shows Reopening#58
Posted: 10/23/20 at 4:07pm

LizzieCurry said: "That's interesting — and unfortunate! I was there in October of 2018 with a cell phone and a regular camera. I went with my family and my dad and uncle are both big hobby photographers and brought fairly large cameras with them. They'd be bummed out by this rule.

It's in the FAQ, but it's not like they make a big point of it: https://www.neonmuseum.org/about/f-a-q
"

Lizzie, When I went I took a day tour.  Took lots of great pictures with my Nikon.  I had wanted to do a night tour, so in 2019, I booked and paid for a tour.  Then accidently found out about the new policy in the FAQ.  I had to jump hoops to cancel and get my money back.  I finally  did receive a refund.  I advised them to make their policy more aware for customers.  As you can see, they did not take my advice.

ArtMan
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Handful Of Vegas Shows Reopening#59
Posted: 10/23/20 at 4:07pm

double

Updated On: 10/23/20 at 04:07 PM
LizzieCurry
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Handful Of Vegas Shows Reopening#60
Posted: 10/23/20 at 4:37pm
Oh, I see why now.

Seems shady!

https://photographylife.com/photo-spots/the-neon-museum
dramamama611 Profile Photodramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Handful Of Vegas Shows Reopening#61
Posted: 10/23/20 at 6:19pm
Whats the reasoning behind that rule? A photo is a photo?
If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.
AEA AGMA SM
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Handful Of Vegas Shows Reopening#62
Posted: 10/23/20 at 6:34pm
I assume it's a way of slowing down the professionals who either want to sell the photos (either to media outlets, stock sites, their own collections, etc). It forces those people to pay the extra for the "Photo Tour" admission.
Did you know that every day Mexican gays cross our borders and unplug our brain-dead ladies?
AEA AGMA SM
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Handful Of Vegas Shows Reopening#63
Posted: 10/23/20 at 6:34pm
I assume it's a way of slowing down the professionals who either want to sell the photos (either to media outlets, stock sites, their own collections, etc). It forces those people to pay the extra for the "Photo Tour" admission.
ArtMan
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Handful Of Vegas Shows Reopening#64
Posted: 11/17/20 at 5:16pm

Zumanity is now closing permanently  due to covid.

LizzieCurry
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Handful Of Vegas Shows Reopening#65
Posted: 11/17/20 at 6:01pm
DorianGords
Swing
Swing
Handful Of Vegas Shows Reopening#66
Posted: 11/19/20 at 11:20am
I love Penn and Teller very much.
I advise you to go, you will not regret it.
Blockhead24 Profile PhotoBlockhead24 Profile Photo
Blockhead24
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Handful Of Vegas Shows Reopening#67
Posted: 11/19/20 at 8:34pm

LizzieCurry said: "https://lasvegassun.com/news/2020/nov/16/zumanity-closed-permanently-cirque-du-soleil/"

I'm so heartbroken for my Zu family. I also hated that I found out about this via social media since we don't have our email addresses anymore.